Here are all my intentional LinkedIn posts to date…
Today’s post on LinkedIn is promoting the PSTA’s upcoming contract management course — which will be amazing:
Have you ever seen a brilliant contract go wayyyy off track? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_contract-management-public-service-transformation-activity-6985858338269876224-7VOn/
And I’m looking forward to promoting the exciting Level 7 Systems Thinking Practitioner Apprenticeship from Cherith Simmons with SCiO shortly: https://www.systemspractice.org/node/870
So, all told, with the job adverts, a lot of my recent posts have been ‘promotional’. I went to look back on my catalogue of intentional posts, since I started maybe three years ago (very badly recorded in Roam). And roughly sorting them took all my time — so I’m sharing them here for consideration, future reference… I dunno, something like that! All of them are also available at www.chosen-path.org and https://antlerboy.medium.com/
It’s fascinating to see how the number of views (which is recorded — based on rough checking soon after the time of posting — at the start of each item) is somewhat arbitrary, based on timing, boosting, and so on.
Please ignore the [[Roam]] cross-links, which obviously don’t work here… and, Because Roam Sort, they’re in ascending order of views…
1. 171 (article) the purpose of the system is what it does, the hidden essential organisational logic, the inevitability of the shaping of culture by leaders and systems, and the importance of ‘Worlds’ [[What is The Force in organisational life?]] https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/force-organisational-life-becoming-jedi-beginning-taylor/
2. 177 [[Freedom day poll now closed]] ‘Freedom day’ poll now closed — really interesting to me. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6823874241377767424/ Look after yourselves — and, if you can, look after each other too.
3. 424 votes Lean Six Sigma poll tool shed https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6803044345323900928
4. 561 repromoting the build back better day https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6808647614792372225/
5. 583 + 561 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_benjamin-p-taylor-on-linkedin-requisiteagility-activity-6843084829442105345-0kQm and https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_requisiteagility-consciousleadership-consciousleaders-activity-6843083937200402432-751R/ In naming #systemsconvening, a new ‘thing’ has been created. [[systems convening]]
6. 871 [[Why is LinkedIn so cringe?]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_why-is-linkedin-so-cringe-activity-6895365747992772608-P-0R
7. 901 — video [[humorous misframing]] Why are misunderstandings so hilarious? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_management-creativity-innovation-activity-6901433682171629569--Rfl/ What’s your favourite misunderstanding?
8. 1,166 impressions Is it really change management, or are you just running interference for change that is going to happen anyway? Join me at [[Australasian Change Days]] for connection, insight, conversation, and learning! https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6965552169844379648/
9. 1,175 [[creating contexts for learning, sharing, and impact]] >>> How do you help good work thrive in the world and increase impact? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_consultancy-toolshed-professionall-activity-6795970622188068864-rOoL
10. 1,185 Which systems theorist had the most impact on their own organisation? | Racket https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6815269415127523328/?commentUrn=urn%3Ali%3Acomment%3A(activity%3A6815269415127523328%2C6815528412539564032)
11. 1,196 Where on the internet did you get inspiration and learning from about your work, back in the day? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systemsthinking-activity-6970643159164809216-ygXR?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop [[inheritance lineage intellectual heirs heirlooms]]
12. 1,344 leanagile UK This week I spoke at #leanagileUK on ‘five core practices’ for effective organisations and Dinah Turner did this great piece of graphic facilitation. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_leanagileuk-culture-leadership-activity-6821329835034595328-VG44/ [[five core practices]]
13. 1,362 [[thought leadership interview on Accelerating Enterprise Digital Transformation]] What do you think is necessary to accelerate #digital #innovation? I am one of 16 professional advisers interviewed for advice on how to manage accelerating enterprise digital transformation in these uncertain times. The learning from the group is here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_accelerating-enterprise-digital-transformation-activity-6865914557689421824-mLp2 What are your top tips for digital acceleration?
14. 1,396 new profile pic who dis?
15. 1,435 [[power in the middle]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_middle-systemsthinking-organisation-activity-6793063215292121088-Eeih What do you do when you’re stuck in the middle? How’s that working out for you?
16. 1,469 [[What’s your mission?]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_an-invitation-to-the-redquadrant-tool-shed-activity-6808284224131604480-Pewu/ What’s your mission?What are your top three passions? Do you get to express and explore them in your work?
17. 1,610 Can commissioning truly start from the assets and capabilities of citizens and communities? As we inch towards the post-Covid era, what opportunities and risks are opened up by the massive release of citizen and community assets during the pandemic? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_shift-or-skid-what-are-commissioners-doing-activity-6810819776701698048-RtML/ [[asset-based commissioning]]
18. 1,612 [[purpose — need — demand]] Are you trying to control the world? Meet demand? Help people with their needs? Or help people achieve their purposes? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_control-demand-need-purpose-activity-6937656907205648384-SfyV
19. 1,660 (video) [[Good Help / no fixing, helping, or advising]] Do public ‘services’ make things worse? Does help *actually* help? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6768071848342245376/
20. 1,769 Boosting my newsletters https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6903965143420477440/
21. 1,780 https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6944287913325019136/ Every single time someone makes the decision to be what they are in full, we are all richer. Worth reading the piece to see the simple truth of what she faced. Dame Kelly Holmes shares relief at coming out as gay https://bbc.in/3b5maPz
22. 1,823 [[trauma, shame, and referred pain — and stigma]] — the dark side https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-activity-6701742668155879424-W_mv
23. 1,856 [[habit]] What have you created a commitment to in your life? What do you think about that? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_experience-ive-had-the-same-supper-for-activity-6825323678516019201-4Aak
24. 1,883 [[How can we change the world? Exactly — join us and we’ll see!]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6755386186610675712/
25. 1,897 What systems thinking practice would be most useful in your organisation? This advanced level programme is free to many people in England, and reasonably priced for everyone else — so come along to our Q&A to find out more! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_cherith-simmons-scio-systems-practice-apprenticeship-activity-6949619345924751360-49hR/ [[systems thinking practitioner apprenticeship]]
26. 1,920 [[strategic commissioning outcomes appraisal]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_your-help-needed-supporting-adult-social-activity-6897084459535908864-uD8_/
27. 1,921 [[in a lull / taking stock / linkedin greatest hits]] I’m definitely in a lull with writing posts. What would you do next, if you were me? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/taking-stock-transduction-leading-transformation-issue-taylor
28. 1,928 What is [[meta-rationality (was metarationality, meta-contextuality/metacontextuality)]]? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_meta-rationality-activity-6930066398287171586-TEP8 Does this explanation land? Can you see examples of this in practice?
29. 1,936 Are you anti-war, or pro-peace? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_peace-activity-6929316148362543104-ZOW1/
30. 1,977 [[future of work]] tribes https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_futureofwork-identity-organisation-activity-6778291320680271872-qCYH Three tribes are contesting for the future of work* Which one will you join
31. 1,984 The miracle of the commons https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-tragedy-of-the-commons-is-a-false-and-activity-6799438226823241729--6R6
32. 1,995 are we building back better — learning for the days after https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_learning-never-stops-the-days-after-a-activity-6803208971692859392-BJG7 Are we building back better? Are we learning? What do we want for the days after? [[The days after — a learning community to build back better]]
33. 2,071 What can public services do, in the time of COVID, to nurture a better future? Learning community https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_learning-never-stops-the-days-after-a-activity-6732201654386589696-3rsp
34. 2,098 [[Raleigh International]] story Another transformation brain teaser! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisation-improvement-transformation-activity-6777127929320235008-76MA
35. 2,117 [[management trainee]] #hiring — I’m looking for a management trainee to support me in managing our consulting business and helping public sector clients. £28–32k, two years of relevant experience. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_hiring-consulting-publicsector-activity-6983291152145739776-Q4i5
36. 2,124 new normal — what brighter future keeps you going? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_publicservices-localgov-consultancy-activity-6772787776313262081-BW5g/
37. 2,207 It 2021. Why haven’t organisations learned: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6799679959993589760/ — that ‘help’ chatbots on websites are inherently crap — that intrusive loud interruptions to their hold music to say how busy they are just irritate — that COVID is no longer an excuse for lack of service? Yes, I am on hold to @vodafoneUK, why do you ask
38. 2,216 how dominant/other patterns create system fragility https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-activity-6689067857860546560-WRFc/
39. 2,228 [[If you want to save the world]] If you want to save the world, can you avoid the obvious mistakes? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_business-creativity-innovation-activity-6947817174044446721-Jurx
40. 2,264 What is [[success]] and what is failure on LinkedIn? In business? In life? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_success-and-failure-activity-6935124434374565888-wcdT/
41. 2,275 immunity to change What could you change with a little more compassion and insight? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_benjamin-taylor-immunity-to-change-for-activity-6793425254254559232-pfji/
42. 2,312 Ask me anything (and public sector show) https://racket.com/antlerboy/ask https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_ask-benjamin-taylor-anything-racket-activity-6815168487833645056-Dxiz
43. 2,326 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_heres-my-latest-newsletter-with-all-my-top-activity-6870489660527906816-ismW Here’s my latest newsletter with all my top links from this week, and issues 4–6 of my getrevue newsletter. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/transduction-leading-transformation-issue-26-benjamin-p-taylor/?trackingId=yyJ1xHMMRjeJUXSvq0%2Biug%3D%3D
44. 2,358 “Tape” of Ackoff’s Bell Lab Lecture https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_tape-of-ackoffs-bell-lab-lecture-activity-6837624850144735232-iIkr/
46. 2,404 [[(triple) double loop learning]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_learning-organisation-improvement-activity-6773204936818872321-jq_0 454 Video post: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6773301685931655168/
47. 2,461 [[Recruiting / hiring — bid and operations manager]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_hiring-bidsupport-admin-activity-6789797359699288064-_mXK/
48. 2,465 email sig https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6821876228727939072/ People who don’t have their full name visible in signature (or at least email address), don’t repeat their email address in their signature, and don’t have their mobile phone number in their email sig: please note, this is mildly inconvenient to me. Please remedy this.
49. 2,492 What’s one thing which really seems to explain a lot of your behaviour? For me (and this is real disclosure, I think), it seems to be ‘impress the teacher’. I’m sure it’s *entirely* coincidental that both my parents were teachers(!) https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_whats-one-thing-which-really-seems-to-explain-activity-6840886339819454464-XB8e
50. 2,501 accidental: how McKinsey destroyed the Middle Clas https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_how-mckinsey-destroyed-the-middle-class-activity-6835148569276772352-DRGM
51. 2,553 organisational Jedis confront themselves with love https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-activity-6696667153329983488-pa2L
52. 2,554 Has anyone got a good foundational text or definition for ‘polycontextuality’? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6793051142520762368/
53. 2,574 ‘five questions for people in power’ https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6803787053562773504/
54. 2,578 REBOOT -The Campaign Against Consultancy https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-campaign-against-consultancydo-you-activity-6779054037263351808-3z3J
55. 2,594 [[fog of authority]] What would you call the ‘fallacious’ argument style that is all about arguing from/on someone’s own territory? A mix of ‘read my book and my PhD and these twenty blogs and these ten papers, then you’ll understand’ (in comments on others’ posts), and paras that pack in a dozen fancy words or phrases that are not explained, where seeking elucidation draws another dozen complex concepts? There must be a military metaphor… attack and feint back to draw into your territory… Falsus parum rubra (fake little red riding hood) https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_what-would-you-call-the-fallacious-argument-activity-6838198629417803776-209-
56. 2,626 [[structural coupling]] 2,637 Hero’s Journey meme https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6786966178607845376/ https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-relationships-activity-6694138139893743616-NzI3
57. 2,658 more on the doing https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6897630262889377794/In recent days I’ve joined — then quietly left — excellent online sessions on public service leadership and local government/devolution/levelling up.
58. 2,687 The [[The RedQuadrant tool shed]] free sample sessions 10 June 2021 > Would you like a nosey around my tool shed? Free show-and-tell sessions in the RedQuadrant tool shed https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_an-overview-of-the-redquadrant-tool-shed-activity-6797406103589269504-ke9B
59. 2,689 Become an organisational Jedi in the [[The RedQuadrant tool shed]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-systems-activity-6711891784710004736-JTgl
60. 2,735 (video) how do you feel when you realise how much you took after your parents? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_family-heritage-inheritance-activity-6785456345224220672-QMS0 How do you feel when you realise how much you took after your parents?
61. 2,742 Have you progressed in your career? I don’t mean moving up the ladder, I mean how have *you* changed? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_prime-domino-podcast-rob-worth-with-benjamin-activity-6777859428650762240-t3PF
62. 2,784 (13) [[test in the real world]] [[concierge solution]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-activity-6714430813502611456-hEA8
63. 2,813 The tragic tale of [[two languages]]. Can it be solved? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-problem-of-two-languages-activity-6924972149757669376-C9Hs/
64. 2,850 [[Breaking the Shell]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6737274704924696576
65. 2,879 You should never publish your values or behaviours if you want culture change [[culture shaping]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-activity-6716964795184119809-h_oO/
66. 2,919 [[oboe]] (and worlds) What’s your favourite example to illustrate radically different ‘worlds’? Consider the #oboe. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_oboe-relationships-roles-activity-6792335388120879104-68Zb/
67. 2,937 Want to talk about radical #procurement, #systemsthinking, #[[learning practices]],pro #consultancy, #publicservices? [[2021–06 events]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_procurement-systemsthinking-learning-activity-6805021647482044416-ebJG
68. 2,968 The universe is greebling [[The unfolding and self-expression of the universe, ongoing complexification, unfurling, [[greebling]]]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_innovation-growth-cosmology-activity-6790882186502529024-h_f9
69. 2,972 welcome to the suck https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_overwhelm-selfcare-burnout-activity-6729664122184724480-ZMzw
70. 2,976 [[leadership for transformation — ten principles for public service transformation]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-ten-principles-for-service-activity-6798501196282892288-tWom Ten principles for #publicservice #transformation Which do you think is most important? Is anything missing?
71. 3,024 Sensemaking and worlds https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_complexity-society-weltanschauung-activity-6734737917031399424-7glc
72. 3,033 Is the change curve a myth? https://bit.ly/3dbnXjv
73. 3,056 [[Quality Improvement can be dangerous]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_qi-considered-dangerous-activity-6790530533421129728-mw5w/
74. 3,069 I need to find a way to resolve my relationship with Engineers! Especially systems engineers :-) https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6933869058236801024/
75. 3,082 [[Coeuraj Transformation Lead]]What’s your dream role — if you didn’t even have to leave your current job?https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_confronting-systems-at-odds-with-people-they-activity-6909771887258562560-o9ww?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web
76. 3,119 public sector procurement https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6793564748932878336/
77. 3,121 A fool’s quest for the first use of the phrase ‘systems thinking’ https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6789548119433588737/
78. 3,121 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_whats-a-better-word-than-balance-when-activity-6907777188477980672-uKko?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web What’s a better word than ‘balance’ when you want to talk about zestfully combining elements that appear as opposite ends of a spectrum? e.g centralised-decentralised, hierarch-network etc
80. 3,161 What skills do we need for the future? [[The RedQuadrant tool shed]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-redquadrant-tool-shed-activity-6980777335213932544-Od51/
81. 3,209 [[the collective journey]] The world is grey — and it’s a lot more interesting that way. What does the shift to the collective journey mean to you? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_images-for-the-collective-journey-activity-6831556064480235520-aegq
82. 3,220 The inconvenience of systems thinking https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6763385419318071296/
83. 3,223 [[Looking under the lamppost for the keys]] What’s your example of an organisation spending time and energy like the drunk in the story, ‘looking for the keys under the lamp-post’? Where have you seen organisations looking for their future using their understanding of the past? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_innovation-creativity-future-activity-6889475694372433920-DN_7/
84. 3,227 [[Peter Block community exercise]] How do you get people to connect to each other quickly? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-peter-block-community-exercise-activity-6830388010610229248-gUD8 What do you do for warmups that aren’t just a ‘throwaway’?
85. 3,231 Gabriel Garcia Marquez — [[love in the time of cholera]] Gabriel Garcia Marquez knew a thing or two about management. And about change management. Do you know any example of ‘general sections’ in organisations? What are they really for? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_gabriel-garcia-marquez-love-in-the-time-activity-6846330965753765888-iYhq t
86. 3,238 Purchase orders. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6878227393337704448/
87. 3,247 [[six core human needs]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisation-leadership-needs-activity-6770608640333377537-JGmC/
88. 3,250 [[purchase orders]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_purchase-orders-two-hassles-this-week-with-activity-6878227393337704448-3wnH
89. 3,279 [[podcast linkedin post]] What questions do you have about systems thinking | complexity | cybernetics? Who would you like to ask about finding the true joy in work? (PS bonus secret photos of the said street puppy at the end of the slides)! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_podcast-guests-transduction-and-joy-and-activity-6914102150742589440-p1sI?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web
90. 3,309 [[data principles]] seven deadly sins https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_measures-kpis-okrs-activity-6762996659019481088-mpcG
91. 3,415 What can the [[past of business]] and #management teach us about the #future? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_relics-of-the-past-at-work-activity-6936930500427087872-Wnll What do you remember from your own past at #work? What does it tell you about the future?
92. 3,420 What [[small groups]] have really made a difference to your life? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-redquadrant-tool-shed-activity-6960486700791787520-cRb3
93. 3,429 If you treated ‘employees’ as ‘people’, how would you think about employee engagement? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_mmkay-activity-6947085198765248512-l6Rl [[future of work]]
94. 3,462 [[“It’s a merger, not a takeover”]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_its-a-merger-not-a-takeover-activity-6978252491230466048-RmH5 How many times have you heard this? What was it that showed you that this was absolutely, definitely, not true?
95. 3,466 [[the seven per cent rule]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_success-business-entrepreneurship-activity-6784727295568564224-jSf2/
96. 3,510 [[five worlds]] Which world do you live in? And what do you see about your service using the lens of the ‘five worlds’? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_publicservices-systemschange-service-activity-6802480342948282368-WUJ-/
97. 3,589 [[customer contact performance measurement]] >> What was your worst customer experience recently? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_customersatisfaction-customerexperience-customercare-activity-6779671276215762944-40OZ
98. 3,644 [[public sector tendering]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_300k-bid-submitted-1-october-for-work-to-activity-6868971589778726912-lwDi £300k bid submitted 1 October for work to run November-June. Excellent bid, couple of late nights, lots of work.
99. 3,660 [[threshold concept / boundary ideas]] What idea changed the way you see the world? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_thinking-change-transformation-activity-6788358013733371904-tza5
100. 3,691 [[bridge and water]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-bridge-and-water-for-transformation-activity-6760450160326664192-ienY
101. 3,703 [[fit and stretch]] to work https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_society-organisations-activity-6699205886520500224-JWiR
102. 3,773 [[Why do they say my country doesn’t exist?]] a very personal post from me today What did you once have, that can never come back? And what do you want to hold on to, now, as a result? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_why-do-they-say-my-country-doesnt-exist-activity-6800678055540092928-Kzsr
103. 3,774 The blue dot and the terrible dance of power https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-blue-dot-and-the-terrible-dance-of-power-activity-6907239342100893697-Q3oZ What does the dance of the blue dot look like in your organisation?
104. 3,812 [[cyber-insurance]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6829440902549921792/
105. 3,828 human responses and partnership — the dark side [[Colonialism and the Thanatosian urge]]
107. 3,831 [[what will it actually take to make place-based working work?]] Systems leadership and systems change — what are we trying to achieve? What is your approach to systems change or systems leadership? What do these practices mean to you? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_excerpts-systems-leadership-activity-6813360204042792960-B1fF
108. 3,844 [[multiple ways of looking at organisations]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_multiple-ways-of-looking-at-organisations-activity-6780399661149749248-WMSc/
109. 3,857 Have you heard about the dream of [[Total Football]]? Are you willing to do what it takes? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-dream-of-total-football-activity-6950344733093203968-XTEe/
110. 3,928 [[Migraine]] So. Today is a migraine day. Another one of those personal posts. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_migraine-diagrams-that-look-like-shtposts-activity-6942717821864865793-ib80
111. 3,934 [[systems don’t exist / do systems exist?]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systemsthinking-complexity-metarationality-activity-6780763374167957504-dNbB/
112. 3,945 [[pattern-breaking for transformation]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_pattern-breaking-for-transformation-activity-6919176320740417536-Wrlt When have you seen someone break a well-established pattern? What were the consequences of that action?
113. 3,958 In naming #systemsconvening, a new ‘thing’ has been created. Is this a real, powerful creation — a naming of something which needed a name, bringing forth something positive and powerful? Or is it an abuse of positive case studies to name a theory which benefits only the creators and generates enthusiasm and confusion in an unproductive direction? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systems-convening-motivations-for-attending-activity-6843834367115173888-_TeF
114. 3,958 [[the great big shit-shovelling machine]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_picture-of-a-dung-beetle-and-the-text-of-activity-6757922660816166912-49l- What’s the equivalent in *your* organisation?
115. 3,8731 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_pattern-breaking-for-transformation-activity-6919176320740417536-Wrlt When have you seen someone break a well-established pattern? What were the consequences of that action?
116. 4,000 What random thing do you believe you invented? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_what-weird-thing-are-you-improbably-attached-activity-6768454114868371456-MAYd
117. 4,046 What would you like me to write about? IMAGE: flying squirrel
119. 4,058 [[cat people and dog people]] Are you a cat person, or a dog person? What lessons have you had to learn about how people, actually, are different? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_are-you-a-cat-person-or-a-dog-person-activity-6957949708258435074-fKbD/
120. 4,106 [[onerous procurement]] I’m up late because I’m reviewing a training ITT which says: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6820484641221423104/
121. 4,143 If you did a podcast, with an old friend, reflecting on your career and last 15 years’ work, what stories would inevitably come up? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6954676940049899520/ [[Rick Torseth — 10000 Swamp Leaders]]
122. 4,178 So. Platty joobs is over* What does it say about us, as a country? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_platty-joobs-is-over-activity-6939476806584422400-Ufsz/ [[So glad not to be in England for the Jubilee]]
123. 4,194 Team Poker — What’s your favourite [[warm-up exercise — team poker]]? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_team-poker-activity-6967374374404304896-GN9a
124. 4,204 [[complexity is not a paradigm shift]] — from complexity and anarchism post https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_complexity-is-not-a-paradigm-shift-activity-6801048472654086145-nbaD
125. 4,224 How can you make better decisions in #complexity? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_draft-strategic-commissioning-options-appraisal-activity-6919900562406711296-mJTr/ What is one thing you’d like to offer to adult social care commissioners to help them decide their approach? [[strategic commissioning outcomes appraisal]]
126. 4,266 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_on-the-beach-activity-6840544745173983232-K0se/ I’m on holiday! First time in eighteen months thanks to the pandemic and related business and unrelated family issues :-) And it is rather wonderful. I wholly recommend it! Fascinating to see all the wannabe Instagram Influencers and their partners (long-suffering or taking turns) move from coveted rock to ankle-deep-in-the-sea shot, making the same poses then moving on. And here I am talking about it on #socialmedia With hashtags, no less. I have a few things to do so I might pop up this week. But I might not :-) Have a great week! #instagram #selfparody #amiturningintoahackcolumnist?
127. 4,280 [[facilitrainer inheritance]] What’s your Facilitrainer Inheritance? The things that have been handed down to you — source obscure — and just become part of your understanding, your practice in your work? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_whats-your-facilitrainer-inheritance-activity-6886211057388441600-mJzz/
128. 4,294 [[Ten principles — checklist for leaders]] How can you quickly assess how you’re doing as a leader in public services? And how are you doing? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-checklist-for-leaders-ten-activity-6799953512349495296-zfTS
129. 4,444 I share a lot
131. 4,489 REBOOT Death march projects https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6799211750450454528/
132. 4,511 [[What do you think of each other]]? How dangerous would it be if everyone knew? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_what-do-you-think-of-each-others-organisations-activity-6876791383877816320-CmKX/ A story of partnership working…
133. 4,537 [[five core practices]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6742346429211136000/
134. 4,578 What’s the force and how to join — including management cybernetics slides https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_a-long-teaser-overview-of-the-aspects-of-activity-6727127938745159680-Uz3N
135. 4,604 XKCD [[cartoon ‘fields arrange by purity’]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_activity-6865181438095044608-jSXd
136. 4,702 ‘Stage theory’ There’s been a kerfuffle about ‘stage theory’. What do you think? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_stage-theory-is-it-bs-activity-6834102012276293632-_hPI
137. 4,777 ‘No, but I could put you on the [[waiting list]]?’ https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_no-but-i-could8-put-you-on-the-waiting-activity-6883671724240457728-66QZ When were you last put on a waiting list? Were you pleased? Did you think you were actually getting something, or just because you got to avoid rejection? Where are the waiting lists in your organisation?
138. 4,973 [[doggle]] What have you learned from your Doggle (or equivalent)?https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_oli-farfel-doggle-taylor-krajinovic-activity-6927505926266482688-T2Bz
139. 5,033 What wold you like to see more of? IMAGE: COMPLEXITY COD https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_linkedinhacks-userresearch-activity-6765532257454309376-VbkL/
140. 5,034 [[What gives you the foundations that enable change?]] Here’s my philosophy, a summary of my recent talk at Conscious Organisation. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_sensemaking-and-foundations-that-enable-change-activity-6856483788000755712-WMAr
141. 5,042 [[seven ways to save and improve]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_service-organisation-savings-activity-6755030320006987777-z6Ph
142. 5,058 [[public service business model canvas]]
144. 5,110 [[learning and innovation about citizen fire safety]] Lives are being lost because we’re not learning https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6850679544320552960/ >> Why do you think the system is not responding? >> What do you think might be a way forward?
145. 5,473 [[getting motivated]] What do you do when you need to get yourself going — when you’re short on motivation? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_motivation-coffee-linkedin-activity-6924249390857527297-ehEX
146. 5,510 [[the adaptive council]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6739811963091722240/
148. 5,540 Seven steps to heaven — team decision-making in complexity [[decision-making clarity]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_team-decision-making-in-complexity-seven-activity-6724572557435125760-bg-4/
149. 5,603 What the hell is systems | complexity | cybernetics anyway? [[systems thinking]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systems-convening-systems-practice-systems-activity-6942014940794789888-c6He
150. 5,609 Have you seen data, [[best practice]], benchmarking, or learning from elsewhere applied in ways which go wrong? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_hoof-it-down-the-channels-activity-6899629993165430784-XJIm
151. 5,684 After weeks of intensively bringing together everything I’ve ever learned, written, and worked on for years, and frantic writing and organising, I’m at the ‘what even is a book?’ ‘how do a book work?’ stage of writing. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6850446078572158976/
152. 5,703 recognition! It’s very nice, isn’t it? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_recognition-business-competency-activity-6785804844818165760-NhJy #Recognition! It’s very nice, isn’t it?
153. 5,712 [[antlerboy name story]] What name would you choose, if you had to rename yourself? And why am I antlerboy? The power of names, part two! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_oh-antlerboy-activity-6816265260131987456-cIVW
154. 5,718 [[commissioning is an approach to transformation]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_commissioning-is-an-approach-to-transformation-activity-6757571035324915712-hdlr
155. 5,818 (video) I’ve done it! I’ve put together everything I know about #systemsthinking in this video! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systemsthinking-sensemaking-livingsystem-activity-6783279388449492992-fBc5
156. 5,821 £3m for 8 weeks of consultancy work: McKinsey given contract to advise UK.gov on tech project business cases https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6831907546702446593/
157. 5,822 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systems-thinking-practitioner-apprenticeship-activity-6912307847242371072-sZOV [[systems thinking practitioner apprenticeship]]
158. 5,830 [[Good Help / no fixing, helping, or advising]] Today I want to invite you to meditate on two quotes which seem to challenge some of our most basic and closely-held assumptions: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_a-cry-against-help-peter-block-activity-6838730657401835520-TrHm/
159. 5,891 [[the parable of the dragon]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6917359639588175872/ What’s this story about? What’s the relevance for #management, #leadership, #innovation?
160. 5,981 the possibilities of organisation (MacCallum) https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisation-management-enterprisearchitecture-activity-6762640506850811904-Hc7B What do you see, when you look at the first modern org chart?
161. 6,019 How the heck do I make decisions in complexity? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_requisiteagility-2021planning-business-activity-6722043032830640128-mu0Q
162. 6,022 [[three box model]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-the-three-box-model-activity-6747423779552661504-pOiZ How often do things go wrong because of lack of clarity?
163. 6,063 Zombie vs [[conscious organisation]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_requisiteagility-consciousorganization-complexity-activity-6719499915002822656-QMP8/
164. 6,250 McKinsey: [[Agility — it rhymes with stability]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_agility-it-rhymes-with-stability-activity-6773980602959040512-8vgG/
165. 6,350 [[rejection therapy]]How good are you at getting rejected? What rejections have shaped you? and when are you planning on getting rejected next? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_rejection-its-not-nice-but-it-is-important-activity-6909044314480234496-ih0f
166. 6,366 [[standardise when you can, customise when you should (customer intimacy)]]
168. 6,558 [[The RedQuadrant tool shed]] What’s the favourite tool you have in your tool shed? What would you like to add? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-redquadrant-tool-shed-overview-activity-6787994187867402240-BY3V/
169. 6,720 Can you bear business euphemisms? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-name-of-the-bear-and-business-euphemisms-activity-6906510195887812608-r8QG/
170. 6,763 [[commissioning is dead]], long live [[commissioning]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_benjamin-taylor-for-pste-commissioning-activity-6775742215768682496-nAAK/
171. 6,765 [[Conscious Organisation masterclass — Bhaskar Goswami]] What are you working hard to achieve in life, where the working hard is self-defeating? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_bhaskar-goswami-your-inner-game-of-leadership-activity-6860852910780219392-dlbg So what are you putting effort into, where you would get better results by letting go?
172. 6,779 [[gilbfest]] In world of infinite overlapping possibility and multiple, irreconcilable differences, what does #education mean? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_benjamin-taylor-for-gilbfest-education-activity-6813728525313433600-lYt4
173. 6,808 Resolving the awkward paradox in Frederic Laloux’s Reinventing Organisations [[reinventing organisations (reinventing organizations)]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6795829563118231552/
174. 6,887 [[They say, among the people of the coast]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6841249675077664768/
175. 7,012 [[facilitraining rainbow]] This might ring a bell with folks here — I’d love to hear your reflections Do you know a trainer, facilitator, or consultant? Where do they sit on the facilitrainer rainbow — and howdo they feel about their job? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_where-are-you-on-the-facilitraining-rainbow-activity-6898896252033937408-D1c_
176. 7,014 [[five monkeys — company culture]] Why do things carry on as they are in business? Why do we block innovation? And what can we do about it? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_learning-to-stay-the-same-activity-6932595607807139840-vMNy
177. 7,048 there are two fundamental outlooks on life [[promoting the systemic leadership summit]]
178. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6752493345236500481 7,074 [[Levelling up through transforming commissioning]] We all want to ‘level up’. We all want to live in thriving, positive communities — where every child has *amazing* life chances. What do you think we need to change to achieve that? -plus a chance to input to the development of a strategic tool which will be available to all adult social care commissioners- https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_commissioning-community-and-levelling-activity-6894566555565256704-0BGI Full article: http://www.govtransformation.org/think-piece/commissioning-community-and-levelling-up-a-critical-moment/
179. 7,124 https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:share:6975708032085209088/ What will you do for Bring Yourself to Work Day? [[bring yourself to work day]]
180. 7,269 What’s the problem with problem statements? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-problem-with-problem-statements-activity-6940203139048349696-Oyqy Is there room for problem statements in a ‘systems’ world of ‘complexity’ and ‘agility’? Do [[problem statements]] still have merit in a systems world?
181. 7,312 [[Have you heard of [[transduction — concept]]?]] Have you heard of transduction? Can you think of an example? What is transduction and why is it important? Can you think of an example? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_transduction-and-for-why-she-is-important-activity-6851413145261625344-sOu2
182. 7,355 Need-to-demand curve etc [[need-to-demand curve]] Most of the good ideas in customer relations, ‘customer relationship management’, ‘demand management’, digital and technolog in general are VERY BAD ideas unless you continue to deeply learn what your customers actually need. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-need-to-demand-curve-and-front-and-back-activity-6945269906724564992-HwVI/ Have you experienced this? Do you see the problem?
183. 7,522 [[ESPO framework]] I’m just going to be proud of my company for a minute here. What’s your big achievement at the moment? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-avalable-through-procurement-activity-6835456856190787584-3f8z
184. 7,581 What lessons would you pass on about your industry, given the chance? 18 tips from 18 years in #consulting https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_lesson-from-and-about-consulting-activity-6944544637432811520-v-_D/ What are your top tips — or questions? What lessons would you pass on about your industry, given the chance? 18 tips from 18 years in #consulting [[consultancy]]
185. 7,646 [[What do you think when you see someone flying this flag?]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_what-do-you-think-when-you-see-this-flag-activity-6873534701156601856-UUvu
186. 7,649 [[RedQuadrant name story]] The power of names, part 1 — why RedQuadrant? How did you name your company? Or what would you name *your* startup https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_consulting-startup-creativity-activity-6815898666121867264-q2ic
187. 7,846 [[the campaign against consultancy]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6744880223491366912
188. 7,928 want to illustrate complexity without really understanding it? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6760535175454564352/
189. 8,007 What are the costs of separating ‘change management’ from delivery of change? [[Australasian Change Days]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_australasian-change-days-2022-shifting-activity-6955405388447911937-nCgD
190. 8,144 “We aren’t talking enough about [[power]]” What is your definition of power? Why do you think it’s important? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_rough-notes-thinking-about-power-activity-6879341724381003777-AslM
191. 8,214 [[the left-hand column exercise]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-the-left-hand-column-exercise-activity-6767713555874742272-M8yo What would happen if you said what you really thought?
192. 8,342 [[Speaking gigs]] Speaking gigs — what do you think of them? Do you have tips how to get the best results out of them? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_a-long-document-of-all-the-conference-info-activity-6833658559960633344-ftSo
193. 8,421 complexity all the way down [[irreducible complexity]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_organisations-society-complexity-activity-6706817209471254528-gRFK
195. 8,579 [[Revue newsletter]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6811183075171565568/ I’m launching a newsletter on Revue! What do you think of it? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_sneak-preview-of-first-revue-newsletter-content-activity-6811183075171565568-KtPx Should I paste the contents on my blog at www.chosen-path.org each week for reference? Do you have tips on content? (This one is particularly long, I know). Do you like my editorialising, or prefer just links? What would I need to do to get you as a subscriber? https://www.getrevue.co/profile/antlerboy/issues/first-edition-transduction-systems-complexity-cybernetics-public-service-transformation-657443
196. 8,587 [[Find the work, find the joy — fighting alligators, or draining the swamp]] Are we here to fight alligators, or drain the swamp? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_fighting-alligators-or-draining-the-swamp-activity-6859016342088110080-PZJD If we find the real work, we’ll find the joy…
197. 8,683 How do you deal with unreasonable demands at work — when there’s no way out? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_unreasonable-demands-and-double-binds-at-activity-6922445854851137536-sKRU What examples have you seen? [[meeting unreasonable demands]] What are your tactics?
198. 8,927 [[double diamond]] >>Where do ideas come from, and who owns them? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_doublediamond-designthinking-servicedesign-activity-6795601313569882112-pEL_
199. 9,028 Can you see the [[courtly rituals]] still at work in our organisations and #management? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_royal-paradigms-in-work-and-organisations-activity-6893823203244851200-LvoO What are the implications?
200. 9,060 2022–01–24 [[how if at all should I continue]]? What do you want to read from me on #LinkedIn? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_linkedin-systemsthinking-complexity-activity-6891284229083193345-XYqs I’m now wondering ‘how, if at all, to continue’ and would love to hear your feedback? What adds value to you? What do you think best supports my work?
201. 9,588 [[commissioning is dead]] What do you call an approach that moves #publicservices from ‘spending money on services to meet needs’ to ‘intervening and learning in the complex systems that actually shape our lives’? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_municipal-journalbenjamin-taylorlong-live-activity-6831111690701164544-6cp9/
202. 10,020 [[Obolensky model]] When is #selforganization… not? And does it matter? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_complex-systems-exercise-self-organisation-activity-6904697100676739072-Hi9p/
203. 10,026 [[context cues (context markers)]] Once you know about context cues, you will start seeing them everywhere. And there are big implications. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_context-cues-and-framing-activity-6858298261221076992-YMxV
204. 10,133 What do YOU want for the future of work? I want to end employment! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_futureofwork-scotland-benjamin-taylor-activity-6952887038043897856-K92V/ [[future of work]]
205. 10,454 [[hitting the target but missing the point (watermelon projects)]] The traffic lights will kill us all one day — unless the watermelons get us first. Here’s the account of a former US Marine, Lucas Kunce, who served twice in Afghanistan and in Iraq, as narrated to The Kansas City Star. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_watermelon-projects-and-target-fixation-activity-6855750735120990208-kbDj What are your favourite examples of ‘hitting the target but missing the point’?
206. 10,665 What do you think of FestivalUK*2022? Or, as it’s better known, the ‘Festival of “Brexit”’? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_fbpe-culture-arts-activity-6848143414647775232-0Mla
207. 10,672 What sort of posts do you want from me? (POLL) https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6798136898427719680/
208. 10,766 [[self-love can make you blind]] — but without it, you’ll be both poisonous and venomous to the world. What generates really deep positive energy for you? What quote do you *actually* stand by as something you live by? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_escaping-the-self-eating-tendencies-of-self-help-activity-6881138765058867200-GJGt
209. 11,082 [[Tomato Inflation]] Here is my theory of tomato inflation and latte carcinisation What else have you noticed that degrades over time? What are the business equivalents of these theories? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_tomato-inflation-and-latte-carcinisation-activity-6876058301814194176-JIhl
210. 11,138 [[systems don’t exist / do systems exist?]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systems-dont-exist-organisations-dont-activity-6888434758901145600-I3xJ Systems don’t exist. Organisations don’t exist. Does culture exist? These are all meaningless questions — category errors. Your perspective on them depends entirely on your definition. The meaningful questions are: in what framing is it meaningful to say ‘x exists?’ (And then ‘what are the implications?’)
212. 11,763 [[redquadrant awayday September 2021]] I’m in a quandary. Would you run a face-to-face awayday for a dispersed UK/international team in September? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_covidehi19-management-business-activity-6837994750512123904-4jB2
213. 11,896 [[2021–06–30 Public Sector Show]] What can you do with your procurement to make a difference to the world? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-public-sector-show-2021-day-two-activity-6818443143759953921-7UdK
214. 12,058 The fallacy of “what gets measured gets managed” https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6803927561735950336/
215. 12,315 I want to reflect on a post which raised some controversy here for a while, which I suspect has been deleted by the poster. [[systems thinking network governance]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6954717731233349632?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
216. 12,347 [[systems convening]] Something new has been named: #systemsconvening Do you know systems conveners? Are you one? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_excerpts-and-links-systems-convening-wenger-trayner-activity-6829021487589150720-CNis
217. 12,581 going [[from long beautiful reports to engagement and delivery]] What did you used to think *was* your job, but you can now do without?https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_consulting-advisory-change-activity-6782915657467080704-_V9Q
218. 13,014 [[Lean Agile Stockport]] five core practices https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_five-core-practices-activity-6818796903392784384-WIDi What do you think are the most essential practices for organisation?
219. 13,373 [[task delegation and CPORT]] ‘Clarity is kindness’ says Brene Brown. So here’s an easy way to generate #clarity what’s your favourite way to do it? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_cport-creative-task-clarity-activity-6807558639147200512-sBEk
220. 14,164 [[the space of service]] Have you ever been asked to help, and ended up feeling abused and misused? Why did it go that way? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_thriving-in-the-space-of-service-the-rq-activity-6892018080269025280-WXQp/
221. 14,223 [[Bongard games, meta-contextuality and sensemaking metarationality]] and the limits of method https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6775321424652578816/
222. 14,247 [[four quadrants of thinking threat]] https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6749960470872100864/
223. 14,570 Herding Cats and accidentally the complexity map https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_herding-cats-a-compendium-of-managing-complex-activity-6769571428556775424-uEgT
224. 15,302 [[robust systems balance]] Is your team or organisation a ‘robust system’? Do you have the right balance of dynamics to engage with the world with love and power, to be fully yourselves and fully the whole? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_power-and-love-in-parts-and-wholes-oshry-activity-6828582068298018817-tD4T
225. 15,960 Definition of work is cybernetic [[Work]] What is work? What’s your definition? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_images-of-work-activity-6826484737754984448-qvwM It’s a deeply cybernetic concept — and it’s incredibly useful to realise this.
226. 16,563 [[customer insight]] — 5Ws and 1H There is no transformation without insight. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6810094177456664577/ >> What’s your favourite tip for customer or citizen insight?
227. 16,726 Where is your organisation on the [[learning ladder of purpose]]? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-learning-ladder-of-purpose-redquadrant-activity-6866641197058928640-pS0K (and it’s a truly awful name — what should we actually call it?)
228. 17,531 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_overthrow-capitalisation-an-acronyms-activity-6911565102202671104-ptEX [[Why I Am Against Capitalisation (Or, Actually, Capitals)]]
229. 17,871 a quite serious post from me this week — how do we stop ‘[[doomed to succeed]]’ ‘death march’ projects? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6770242474721075201/
230. 17,889 [[transaction costs do not predict system costs]] If you wanted to predict how many customer contacts a council would have, and how much they cost, what factor do you think would best predict? Spoiler: NOTHING reliably predicts total numbers of contacts and cost. What examples can you think of, of organisations generating their own demand? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_transaction-costs-do-not-predict-systems-activity-6886944281844621312-PiUK
231. 18,110 How are you experiencing what your customers experience? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_mystery-shopping-and-customer-insight-activity-6881858915496161280-K0_S How often is the connection from Board to ‘hotline’ made? [[Smarter Borough Hotline]]
232. 18,203 [[exiting from stress ]] How do we exit from stress gracefully? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_stress-leaves-its-marks-activity-6827855966684504064-U3q4/ t’s often *after* the stress that the problems kick in. What shall we do when the immediate storm is over, but we’re just not quite right? What’s your top tip for exiting from stress gracefully?
233. 18,675 [[What have I learned from 100 intentional LinkedIn posts?]] 👉 What I learned from 100 intentional LinkedIn posts 👈🏻 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_my-top-one-hunded-and-six-linkedin-posts-activity-6812628678258905088-2mC5 What’s your favourite post? What do you take from this learning? What do you think I should learn?
234. 19,410 [[Why is it so hard to get people engaged in paid online events these days?]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_consciousorganisation-requisiteagility-digitalmarketing-activity-6863377357881913344-CARt
235. 19,615 [[brown contract]] Have you heard of the brown contract? 💩 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_management-humanresources-creativity-activity-6805745243351326720-fpNh
236. 19,640 [[We are definitely in the next, uncertain phase of the pandemic.]] What are the top three things you think that leaders in government, business, and society need to be focused on? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_june-2020-the-days-after-are-we-learning-activity-6817705911918981120-vSfC
237. 20,141 https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-how-to-help-your-change-succeed-activity-6820243701751783424-SaHJ/ Wouldn’t it be good if you could improve your chances of successful change? Is your pattern of change interventions on track for success — or failure?
238. 20,225 [[Taylor’s Law]] What’s your favourite saying that you invented?* What Law would bear your name? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_taylors-law-activity-6869182907479683072-cM0Z
239. 21,073 Do things fit into neat categories? When have you seen classification create problems? What was the upside people were actually going for? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_classification-and-its-consequences-activity-6934405511345803264-YFgH/ [[MECE, classification and other thinking]]
240. 21,631 [[The RedQuadrant tool shed]] 2021–08–16 Have you ever seen #consultants deliver the right thing — in the wrong time and place? Go wrong because they were trying to impose their model, not adapt to circumstances? What’s the one thing you’d like to add to your consulting toolkit? This week is the last week to sign up to the RedQuadrant tool shed autumn cohorts! https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-redquadrant-tool-shed-activity-6832924490012463104-ubGX
241. 21,874 [[the human knot]] The Human Knot. What does this remind you of? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_wikihow-hilarious-and-excellent-illustrations-activity-6826053924018094080-1pKB Why is it so useful, do you think?
242. 22,136 [[service discovery]] What tools, approaches, perspectives do you reach for when you have to review an organisation, service, team, or department? Here’s my ‘go to’ list when I am asked to look at a whole ‘service’, usually in public services. What do you use? How does it compare? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-discovery-for-complex-services-activity-6874253619118530560-owR2
243. 22,586 [[Eight ways you can go wrong]] Have you ever been encouraged to ‘see the whole’, or ‘think holistically’? Did it not quite work out? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_8-things-to-think-about-systems-complexity-activity-6964845434942959616-R3We/
244. 23,275 the timeline of respect [[the appreciative timeline / the timeline of respect]] How do you show respect and collect learning when involved in organisational change? This is a small workshop exercise I call ‘the timeline of respect’. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_redquadrant-the-timeline-of-respect-activity-6853948700004376577-muQC
245. 25,467 [[five worlds]] https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_five-worlds-practices-for-system-transformation-activity-6902169851914203136-w5Je What does seeing the different worlds that make up an organisation show you? If you apply the ‘different worlds’ to a system you are a part of, what interesting things can you see?
246. 27,137 Have you ever seen #changemanagement used for evil? To give people a false sense of input into a foregone conclusion? What other failures of change management can you think of? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_honest-guvnor-and-change-days-programme-activity-6823506534815924224-7YBW
247. 28,497 [[not the banana]] Cybernetics is not the banana. Wat? What are we offering the world? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_not-the-banana-activity-6820966404498583552-RHgQ
248. 30,251 [[technical vs adaptive]] [[VECIT]] Can you take a challenge you are faced with and identify the technical and the adaptive elements? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_a-adaptive-leadership-technical-and-adaptive-activity-6806111293842583552-6sJJ
249. 38,246 [[freedom day]] So, today in the UK is ‘freedom day’ We all want freedom — but what does it mean? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_future-economy-covidehi19-activity-6822773718541045762-OSO1
250. 38,938 [[desire paths]] Here’s a puzzle for you, another ‘whodunnit’. What do you think is the ‘wrong answer’ that they persisted with some time. (Hint: it involved a broken arm and something threatening to sue). And the ‘better answer’ after a lot of thinking and engagement with the local people (which we assisted with) https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_desire-paths-and-responses-to-them-activity-6853215754695901184-LkpZ
251. 40,381 [[five key questions for commissioning and transformation]] Transformation is a load of old b*ll*cks, isn’t it? Five questions to get thinking https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_five-key-questions-and-the-learning-ladder-activity-6864111312734187520-L8x8/ Which service would you like to ask these five questions of?
252. 41,801 [[the pinball organisation]] Have you ever been ‘referred’ or ‘signposted’? How did it feel? What would have been better? The pinball council: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_the-pinball-organisation-doing-the-wrong-activity-6878604568263974912-Urc1
253. 46,756 [[The form is the problem]] How does the signal of demand get through to your organisation? Are you actually able to hear where you can create value? Where have you seen organisations put a ‘form’ in the way of understanding? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_example-housing-benefit-claim-forms-of-the-activity-6884401248443895808-LxH2
254. 56,174 ‘It’s all the fault of THOSE bastards!’ When have you seen someone change their position — and suddenly change their perspective? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_blame-and-context-activity-6888751274225938432-I_Hb
255. 65,293 >> What capability do public services most need in 2022 and beyond? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_adaptive-public-service-the-adaptive-council-activity-6868451751637467136-tgJj What’s the one capability you think public services most need in the future?
256. 66,286 Will you come to a conference that doesn’t have all the answers? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_requisite-agility-speakers-and-panellists-activity-6871717154987884544-Gu3m [[Requisite Agility unleashed]]
257. 67,716 [[APPortunity]] What’s one question you would like this incredible lineup of thinkers and entrepreneurs to answer? https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6931867429622996992/
259. 91,383 [[Requisite Agility unleashed]] Do you want to do the work of the future, or the past? Which work are you currently doing? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_requisite-agility-unleashed-activity-6861576187186151424-hbjw Where do you see the biggest gap in agility in businesses in the present moment?
260. 96,103 2021–09–20 [[conscious organisation]] What question would you like to have answered about ‘conscious organisation’? And a chance for free tickets to a groundbreaking, worldwide conference. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_conscious-organisation-activity-6845607854129471488-fVYp
261. 99,243 [[sociopaths and scandals]] Have you ever been taken for a mug? Lied to, manipulated? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_dont-give-liars-power-activity-6896362896478007296-3I7S
262. 103,932 2021–08–25 [[systems convening]] 💡 Do you enable learning across boundaries? 💡 Can you connect people across silos? 💡 Are you able to bring a broader view to local settings? Have you heard of systems conveners? Are you one? Or do you simply want to learn more about this approach? Please like, share, and comment here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_systems-convening-launch-2-september-join-activity-6836192316554907648-965K
263. 122,424 2021–11–25 linkedin update What’s your most controversial view about #digitaltransformation? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_accelerating-enterprise-digital-transformation-activity-6869633284222152704-lL2Q
264. 317,537 Do you want a job in the future? Is my theory crazy? I believe that the future of work is — no jobs. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/antlerboy_down-with-jobs-futureofwork-activity-6870996587980705792--nDr/ [[why employment is a bad idea]]