Is it really change management, or are you just running interference for change that is going to happen anyway?
Join me at Australasian Change Days for connection, insight, conversation, and learning!
ooh — it me!
I’m so much looking forward to Australasian Change Days 2022 — #ACDC2022
Every year, this conference delivers a worldwide (virtual) attendance and:
- top class speakers with interactive sessions which are both challenging and helpful for anyone working in change management
- a really sense of community and connection (using Zoom as it should be used — with all participants equal — video and sound on — for real engagement, and using Welo properly for group sessions)
- takeaways to put into place in your own work
- an expanded network of bright, brilliant people!
This year I’m talking about
Change management should never be separated from change: prove me wrong
Lots of change in organisations separates the change itself from the ‘change management’.
My view is that this is at the heart of the failure of change initiatives.
I will offer two big ideas:
- Are we dealing with a ‘step change’ and a ‘new world’, or not?
I’ll point to the continuity in the change and the change in the continuity.
- The distinction between integrated and non-integrated change.
We will discuss these in a typically whizzy, workshop-y way.
Then three hypotheses about integrating change management — even if it isn’t supposed to be integrated — that we will work on together:
- How to close the loop for quicker feedback.
- Understanding structural coupling as the main force of change
- Introducing prototyping
We’ll work through these, identify some of the barriers to integrated change management, and share some thoughts about how to overcome them.