This week I spoke at #leanagileUK on ‘five core practices’ for effective organisations
These are five *generous* practices — they work well for novices and sophisticates alike.
They are intentionally *practices*, not claims to excellence, ‘values’, or ‘principles’:
- ways to work on honest, productive conversations which work towards shared meaning and make both reasoning and emotions discussable
- ways to work towards clarity of relationships, boundaries and freedoms, tasks, roles, and project and programme purposes
- ways to build practices of triple-loop learning (do thing better, reframe understanding of the situation, evolve our own identity)
- ways to shape a culture that, through positive gut, core emotional responses to the organisation and its leaders, enables discretionary effort — passionate, full-blooded work!
- ways to keep a self-correcting measure of delivery of customer/citizen value
Supported with the right framing and facilitation (hey! this is fractal!), this helps organisations work on learning, productivity, and purpose… more links below!
#culture #leadership #lean #agile #leadershipdevelopment #management